Casa Museo Lodovico Pogliaghi
The home-atelier of the great eclectic artist which dates back to the early '900, built by himself, is the first point of interest you can meet after the 14th chapel on the sacred path of Sacro Monte di Varese. Pogliaghi designed it as a museum and a laboratory: a place to retreat to study and create, but also a space to collect inspiring artworks.
The house includes seven rooms among with the beautiful atelier that hides the miniature of one of his major works and several windows overlooking the surrounding nature. The lovely painting is completed by the Italian garden that surrounds the villa, littered with other antiques collected by the artist.
ADDRESS: Via Beata Giuliana, 5 - Varese
OPENING HOURS: from 30 April to half November 2021
- Friday: 10 am - 1 pm
- Summer Friday: 6.30 pm - 22.30 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 10 am - 6 pm. The museum opens during the week for groups and guided tours, reservation needed.
- Full ticket Casa Museo Pogliaghi: € 7
- Pass ticket Casa Museo Lodovico Pogliaghi, Museo Baroffio del Santuario + Cripta del Santuario: € 15
- Reduced ticket (per children 4-12 yo; groups over 10 people; FAI; Touring Club): € 4
- Family ticket for single museum (2 adulti + 2 bambini): € 18
- Garden only ticket: € 2
- Free ticket: children 0-4 yo, disabled, touristic guides, card 'Abbonamento Musei Lombardia' and residents in Santa Maria del Monte
Dog of small size allowed if hold in arms, in compliance with the hygiene and public safety rules*
*Information by the Museum. For any other question please check the guidelines of the Museum
Discover our TOURS.
Plan your stay and your experience in the land of the lakes.
Cover photo: aricarone