Many moments to experience the magic of Christmas in Angera together:
- On Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December the first Christamas date in Angera with "It's almost Christmas", dedicated to all: creative workshop, animated readings, Christmas market, snack and aperitifs and other magical surprises await you at Scuola dell'Infanzia "Vedani". The event will be on Saturday from 15.00 to 18.00 and on Sunday from 10.30 to 13.00.
- On Thursday 8th December from 9.00 to 19.00many activities planned for the "Christmas in the village of Angera" event: music and gifts, typical Christmas dishes for lunch and hot chocolate, pandoro and panettone for a greedy snack at the Piazza Parrocchiale. Christmas market will be staged in Via Greppi for all day. At sunset, lighting of Christmas tree at the Piazza Parrocchiale.
- On Sunday 11th December from 15.00 the Civico Museo Archeologico will organise a creative workshop for children 5-8 years old to discover colours hidden in the museum and realising Christmas decoration for the Christmas tree. For more information and reservation: email@example.com.
- On Tuesday 13th December from 16.30 to 17.30 will be a fun afternoon: at the Casetta Pop, in Via Adige, Luci sull'albero di Natale" event will be organized with the traditional tombola, decorating the Christmas tree and switching on the Chirstmas lights, sipping tasty hot chocolate with marshmallows! In case of rain, the event will be cancelled. For reservation: 393.987.9615.
- Saturday 17 December at 15:30 at the Civic Library, the puppet show "Little Riding Hood of the colors" Free admission but with reservations required by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 18 December The living Nativity scene "The City of Bethlehem" played by children and families of the San Filippo Neri Oratory will cheer up Via Greppi in the heart of the Borgo in the afternoon from 3.00pm to 6.00pm
- The period before Christmas is the most suggestive. On Saturday 26th and on Sunday 27th November The not-to-be-missed appointment of the "Magic of Christmas in Arcisate" returns, where there will be no lack of magical initiatives for children and adults, for a unique and special atmosphere. For little Santa Claus' funs, it will be possible to meet him live on both Saturday and Sunday, accompanied by his elf helpers and white bears, in a bustle of stilt-walkers and a myriad of fairy-tale characters that seem to come out of a dream. During the two days there will be traditional Christmas markets with stalls selling handicrafts and food stands to delight all palates with traditional products! The event will take place on Saturday from 12:00 to 19:30 and on Sunday from 10:00 to 19:00.
ARCISATE, LUINO, PORTO CERESIO, COCQUIO TREVISAGO, CASTIGLIONE OLONA, LEGGIUNO
- The Christmas tour of the Greensleeves Gospel Choir, the famous choir from Varese directed by Maestro Fausto Caravati with 23 voices including basses, tenors, altos and sopranos, will not be missing again this year.
Discover the tour dates and locations!
- Little lights, houses, food stands, little train, elves, bagpipes, workshops for the little ones, magic shows and traditional desserts are just some of the elements that will be present in the Christmas program in the woods on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 December in Arsago Seprio . It starts on Saturday 10 December, from 4.30 pm with the opening parade to the sound of bagpipes. We continue with the aperitif of the "Amici della Boza" at 5.30pm and the opening of the food stands (at 7pm). At 21, the arrival of Santa Claus is expected, together with the switching on of the lights of the Christmas village. Sunday 11 December the village opens at 10, with the creative workshop for children and the aperitif of the "Amici della Boza". At 12, with the arrival of Santa Claus, there will be the photographic set and the opening of the food stand. At 2 pm it will be time for the Mad Hatter show, while at 3 pm there will be a creative workshop with Jenny. At 15.30 the Musical Body of Arsago Seprio will perform and, finally, at 16.30 a Christmas snack will be offered.
- For a special Christmas Waiting, the “Zamaroni-Martinoli” kindergarten of Bedero Valcuvia and ACA-Educazione in rete Association will propose a creative moment. The appointment will be on Saturday 3rd December from 15.00 to 16.30 at the “Zamaroni-Martinoli” kindergarten. Meeting aimed at parents, university students, teachers, educators and health and social workers. For more information and reservation: email@example.com
In Besano a rich programme to experience the anticipation of Christmas together:
- On Thursday 8th December, the first appointment with a walk with Santa Claus organised by the Polisportiva Besanese. Starting at 14.30 in piazza della chiesa with destination the San Martino pass. Registration opens at 14.00 (fee 2 euro). All participants will be given a Father Christmas hat and upon arrival, a snack with biscuits and vin brulè. To conclude the day at 21.00 in the municipal gymnasium, the Gala Concert of the La Concordia Philharmonic conducted by Maestro Massimiliano Legnaro.
- During the days of 1st,7th, 14th and 15th December Christmas readings for kindergarten children are planned.
- Sunday 11th Deecember at 14.00 at the Villa Azzurra park, the theatrical performance "The true story of Father Christmas" will be staged with the Intrecci teatrali company and Andrea Gosetti. The show is suitable for the whole family and for children from 3 years of age.
Illuminations, artistic plays of light projected onto the facades of the lighthouse and the town hall, the Christmas tree in Piazza 1° Maggio, the traditional display of nativity scenes, free parking from 8 December to 8 January and a rich calendar of events for all for this Christmas 2022 in Besozzo.
- Saturday 3 December in the late afternoon switching on of the lights of the city. At 15.30 , the inauguration of the traditional exhibition of nativity scenes set up in the parish church of Sant'Alessandro is also scheduled, as well as the free show "Tales of Advent" and a snack with Santa Claus in attendance.
- The gala concert of the Besozzo Philharmonic is scheduled for Thursday 8 December at 8.30 pm in Sant'Alessandro,
- Saturday 10 Christmas in Portaccia from 14.00 to 19.00 with the arrival of Santa Claus on horseback.
- Saturday 17 December in piazza 1° Maggio and in the central streets of Besozzo there will be "Christmas on the road" : entertainment, live music, games, panettone and mulled wine from 14.30.
- Sunday 18 December at Duse at 17.00 pm the show "The three Magi were in 4", while at 20.30 in the reading room the Christmas recital by the modern singing students of the Olginasio civic school of music.
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
- Sunday 11th December with a Holy Mass celebrated by the Cardinal and Bishop of Como Monsignor Cantoni, which will be followed by a lunch in the oratory where there will be an opportunity to wish each other a Merry Christmas.
- On Sunday 18 thDecember, however, the children of the Brenta oratory, accompanied by Santa Claus, will go around all the streets of the town and leave a little gift in each house to wish the inhabitants a Merry Christmas. The review of events will then continue on Thursday 22 December in the large heated hall of the municipal public park where the children of the Cap. G. Zoppis elementary school will wish their parents and grandparents a Christmas greeting. For the Christmas holidays, the "i semper Giovani" senior center will also promote a bingo with a toast to the elderly, while after Christmas Eve mass, the boys of the oratory will distribute a good cup of hot chocolate to everyone. Last but not least, the Pro Loco of the town will organize the New Year's Eve party, again in the covered structure of the municipal public park.
- On Sunday 3rd December lighting the Christmas tree in Piazza del Lago! From 15.30 to 17.30 the Pro loco of Brusimpiano and Visit Brusimpianomake an appointment to celebrate this magical moment together, with pandoro, hot chocolate and vin brulè.
- On Saturday 26th November at 18.00 the Christmas anticipation begins in Busto Arsizio with the spectacular lighting of all the illuminations in the city centre and the Christmas tree in Via Milano with the participation of the Band of Santas of Nuova Busto Musica. Near the tree, starting at 17.00, vouchers will be distributed for a chocolate offered by some of the city's bars and pastry shops, valid until Wednesday 30th November. A stylised Christmas tree made of only lights will also be installed in Via Cardinal Tosi. There will be no lack of surprises for children, such as the Christmas train, which will be present from Saturday 3rd to Saturday 24th December from 15.30 to 18.30, a Christmas show made with drones, and the distribution of candyfloss.
- On Saturday, 3rd December, the Associazione Nazionale Bersaglieri Sezione "Nino Tramonti" - Lonate Pozzolo Fanfare "Nino Tramonti - Mario Crosta" will hold its traditional Christmas concert. The event "La Lonate in Concerto" will take place starting at 21:00 at the Teatro Sociale in Busto Arsizio, with the special participation of the ANA "PENNA NERA" Choir from Gallarate.
- From Wednesday 7th December 2022 to Sunday 8th January 2023, Palazzo Cicogna will host an exhibition of contemporary works of art on the theme of spirituality entitled "Spirit: gold and light". These are works of municipal heritage that will be enhanced with a special exhibition. The exhibition is curated by the Museums Office.
- On Thursday 8th December the house of Christmas lights is switched on again in via Bramante, with over 150 lights to enchant anyone who comes to visit. The lighting ceremony will be at 17.30.
- On Thursday 15th December at 21.00 a magical moment with the traditional Christmas Concert of the City of Busto Arsizio. The event will take place at the Basilica San Giovanni with the city's Scholae cantorum. To reserve your place in the basilica, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org within Monday 12th December.
- On Saturday 17 December from 21.00 at the teatro Sociale Delia Cajelli the Christmas Concert will be staged by the SoulGift band which will propose spirituals and gospel songs, swing and pop Christmas songs.
- On Thursday 22nd December, "the living nativity scene" by the children of the Chicca Gallazzi primary school will be staged from 17.00 in Piazza Santa Maria.
- On Saturday 1st January at 12.00 the New Year's Concert of Busto Arsizio City will be presented by Orchestra Microkosmos at the Teatro Sociale with the traditional programme of Strauss music. Free entry. For reservation: email@example.com. Each interested party may request a maximum number of two entries.
- On Sunday 18th December the Christmas season in Cantello continue with the official opening of the ice rink , made of synthetic ice. It will be located in the park of Grande Casa.
CARDANO AL CAMPO
- Sunday 11 December in Cardano expects Christmas, with a Christmas market and many other proposals: appointment in Piazza Mazzini in Cardano al Campo, from 9.30 to 17.30 on Sunday 11 December. The initiative is organized by the Municipality together with the District of Commerce and many Cardanese associations: in addition to the market there will be Christmas performances, chestnuts and mulled wine, a test ride on ponies and much more.
- On Sunday 18th December from 14.30 Christmas party at the Rifugio Felicità in Piazza Rodari, crossroads via Montello: gifts, hot drinks and sweets for everyone!
CASALZUIGNO - VILLA DELLA PORTA BOZZOLO
- Markets, special guided tours and creative workshops all with a Christmas theme, in the charming 16th century villa decorated for the holidays! Discover all the Christmas events at Villa della Porta Bozzolo
- On Friday 16th December, from 16.30, the event of "Christmas bells ringing” returns through the streets of the village . The meeting point of the musical parade will be at the washroom of Villa della Porta Bozzolo, equipped with lanterns and musical instruments. Then there will some stops: the first will be the Rustici Restaurant for a delicious snack. Then they will arrive at the Municipal Palace to mail Christmas letters in Santa Claus' Postbox. The final stop wil be at the Piazza Zaffrani in Casale to drink hot chocolate and vin brulè offred by Pro Loco.
- The nativity scenes organised by the Adoremus project are back to create a Christmas atmosphere along the village streets of Casalzuigno and Arcumeggia. In the fraction of Aga you can visit a beautiful nativity scene and Father Christmas's house with numerous curiosities from the past. Dozens of cribs set up between Arcumeggia and Casalzuigno,large and small, more or less elaborate, in the most characteristic corners: church, fountains, wash-houses, courtyards.The nativity scenes of Arcumeggia will be opened from Wednesday 7th December while those of Casalzuigno will be opened from Thursday 8th December. All creations can be freely visited and are illuminated until 22.00. They will remain on display until Sunday 8th January 2023. All the cribs on display can be reached by car.
- For the feast of st. Lucia, on Sunday 11th December the Serendipità Association proposes an afternoon full of fun at the holding of “Il Sciur Franchino”, with tales, promenades with donkeys and a delicious snack from 15.00.
CASTELSEPRIO, SARONNO AND CADEGLIANO VICONAGO
- From Saturday 26th November to Saturday 31st December 6 symbolic places of the nativity open their doors exceptionally for 12 guided tours for "Christmas in the art of Varese". Discover the places involved!
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
- On Sunday 22nd December at 21.00 the Christmas Gospel Concert will be helt at the theatre of via Dante in Castellanza with Gianluca Sambataro and Rejoice Gospel Choir. Pre-sale available at the 14 Art Gallery Caffè of via Vittorio Veneto.
- From Saturday 26th November 2022 to Sunday 29th January 2023 for Christmas and of 600 years of della Collegiata, the Museum will gift an exceptional exhibition: an unprecedented Adoration of the Magi, never before exhibited to the public, will dialogue with the Museum's Venetian-Cretan Holy Family. Two works, perhaps by the same exuberant master, will light up the coming festive days with their joyful colours. On Saturday 26th November the inauguration will be at 15.00. Among the many events scheduled, the first will be on Wednesday 7th December at 15.00 with a visit dedicated to the exhibition at the museum. At the end those who wish can also be guided through the Collegiate Church and Baptistery (reservation required). The exhibition will be opened: from Wednesday to Saturday 9.30 – 12.30 / 14.30 – 17.30; Sunday and festivities (8th and 6th January) 10.00 – 13.00 / 15.00 – 18.00; Monday 26th Decemberextraordinary opening 15.00 – 18.00. Exhibition cloed on Monday and on days 24th, 25th, 31st December and 1st January. Admission to the exhibition is free. For reservations and more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 4th, 11th and 18th December, Monday 26th December and Friday 6th January 2023, from 9.30 to 12.30 and from 14.30 to 17.30 in the headquarters of the Pro loco of Castiglione Olona, the Masolino Crib will be open to visitors, fourth edition of the initiative created by the Masolino da Panicale cultural circle. Admission to the crib is free and free.
- Sunday 11th December the Castle of Monteruzzo will transform into the magical "Santa Claus Village" and will welcome all visitors with a lot of novelties and entertainment! For this magical occasion, you will have the opportunity to meet Santa Claus in person and give him your Christmas letter. Also he will give you a special gift! The big novelty for this edition will be the house of balloons where you can take original photos to share with your friends. The surprises don't end there! There will planned numerous of activity such as riding a horse, Christmas readings and workshops, child make-up and a delicious snack served at 16.30 at the Chiosco of the Castle. The event will start at 11.00 and will end at 18.00.
- Thursday 15th December appointment in the Civic Library with "Stories Under the Tree", animated readings for children. The appointment with "STORIES UNDER THE TREE" will be held on Thursday 15 December 2022 at 4.30 pm at the Castle of Monteruzzo, at the Civic Library (Via G. Marconi, 1) The activity is aimed at children aged between 3 and 7 years, a lot of great stories will be read. At the end of the event, a small creative workshop will follow. Participation is free, subject to availability (maximum 25 participants), by booking on 0331.824867 (Biblioteca Civica) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.30 to 12.30 and from 15.00 to 18.30, Fridays from 9.30 to 13.30 and Saturdays from 9.30 to 12.30 - The presence of only one adult per child is recommended.
- On Sunday 18th December Santa Claus arrives! From 10.00 to 17.00, at the Area Feste of Castronno, plenty of entertainment for young and old organised by the Pro Loco of Castronno. Santa Claus arriving is scheduled for 15.30, perfect time to deliver Christmas letters. Hot chocolate, panettone and vin brulè for all day.
Running towards Christmas”: Cittiglio promotes the Santa Stì Run.
- Thursday 8th December in Piazza degli Alpini, place of departure and meeting point. Starting at 14:00 there will be the possibility to sign up for one of the two unmissable route proposals: a 5km run starting at 15:00 or a nice 2.5 km walk starting at 15:15. Along the way, in addition to the streets of the village of Cittiglio, you can admire the Santa Stì Run-themed primary and secondary school crafts. All participants will also be given a Santa Claus hat and a medal and a tasty snack will be offered at the end of the race.
- Sunday 11th December "Waiting for Christmas", a day for young and old. From 10:00 markets, shows and moments of entertainment await you at the Fe.sti.amo Park
- Thursday 15th December there will be bagpipers passing through the village, while on 17 the Christmas concert in the church in Cittiglio organized by the Albatros music school with the manager Biagio Bonfrisco.
- Sunday 11th December appointment with the show "Il Canto di Natale" at 17:00 on the stage of the Soms theater in Caldana (Cocquio Trevisago). It will be an opportunity to spend a pleasant festive evening waiting for Christmas and in the company of the "Deus ex machina" theater company and the Venti22 Dance School, between dancing and singing. Admission is free.
CUASSO AL MONTE
- In view of Christmas, the Pro loco announces that on Christmas Eve, Saturday 24th December, in the hamlet of Borgnana, there will be a moment of celebration with tripe and mulled wine. Meanwhile, preparations continue for the main attraction of Cuassese Christmas, the skating rink. The appointment is in the square of the Cuasso amphitheater from Saturday 3rd December at 10.00, the opening day. During this day workshop for children, musical and theatrical events will be organized. At 17.45 there will be the lighting of the trees in the square. There will be magical visits from Santa Claus on Friday 23rd December and the Epiphany on Friday 6th January 2023. Every day will be offered the "snack on ice" at 16.00 and the "aperitif under the lights" at 18.00.
- Christmas in Cugliate Fabiasco and solidarity! On Thursday 8th December from 14.30 Santa Claus invites all children for an afternoon full of surprises! He will arrive at 15.00 at the sport center of Cugliate Fabiasco, while workshops and a Christmas snack will be organized at 15.30. Finally at 16.30 there will be the drawing of the winning lottery tickets. The proceeds of the party, organised under the patronage of the Cugliate Fabiasco municipality, will be donated to the Ponte del Sorriso for projects supporting the children's hospital. Reservation is required.
- On Saturday 17th December at 21.00 the Concert of Gala will be held by the music corps of Cugliate Fabiasco, at the Church of San Giulio, with a particularly interesting and unusual programme spanning various musical genres. Admission is free.
- The Pro loco of Cunardo opens the Christmas period with creatives wokrshops which will be held over the two weekends of Saturday 26thand Sunday 27th November and e di Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December. Participants I partecipanti will be invited to create the decorations that will then adorn the country's Christmas tree. n order to better organise the workshops - which will be held in the Tencitt premises - reservations are required on 335 5381494.
- On Thursday 8th December at 17.30 in piazza Filanda there will be the magic moment of lighting of the Christmas tree: In the meantime, from 15.30 hot chocolate for all at the Carosello bar.
- On Sunday 18th December at 21.00 the Church of San Lorenzo will welcome the Choral Group Amadeus for a magical Christmas concert with a selection of seasonal pieces all with the universal Christmas message, from the great traditional classics to popular tunes from Mozart to Bing Crosby even from anonymous composers to the established master of English Christmas music, John Rutter.
- Saturday 24th December at 10.00 pm, the exchange of greetings will follow in Piazza IV Novembre. For the occasion, a warm bonfire will also be lit in front of which, to make the wait for Christmas even sweeter, you can enjoy a nice hot chocolate, mulled wine and panettone.
- At 10.30 on Sunday 4th December, for the "Christmas with us" event, a non-competitive Santa Run will be held, which will cross the entire town, starting from the Rodari school car park in Bergoro, then passing through the streets of the Fornaci hamlet, arriving in the central Piazza A. di Dio. The real novelty of this first edition will be the green tree, made entirely of recyclable materials with zero impact on the environment, which will be lit at around 17.00 to complete the event organised by the Associazione Negozianti Fagnanesi, in collaboration with the municipal administration and a number of associations working in the area. For everyone roasted chestnuts, chocolate, vin brulè and many other surprises!
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
A Christmas calendar full of surprises awaits you in Gavirate:
- Sunday 11th December will be played with a giant chessboard from 14.00 to 17.00
- Saturday 17th December : fairy tales and games for children, at the old town centre, to celebrate together the anticipation of Christmas
- Sunday 18th December from 14.00 to 18.00 Santa Claus will pay a special visit to all the children with lots of surprises and entertainment
- Friday 23rd December the Grand Final at 16.00 at the square of the Municipality with the award ceremony for the athletes who distinguished themselves in 2022, the artistic gymnastics show "Nuova Ginfit" and a short extract from Stunt Live Show James Bond di Stunt Gym Boutique. Then an aperitif will be served by ASD Gavirate Rowing Club.
- Saturday 10th December at 21.00 in Villa Cagnola, the Compagnia della Gru, directed by maestro Enrico Salvato, offers pop, gospel and Christmas songs in support of the Good Samaritan Odv projects in northern Uganda. A banquet will be available with the ideal solidarity products for your Christmas gifts.
- Saturday 17th December from 21.00 at the church of San Rocco the Gala Concert will be held by Music corpsof Gemonio. Free entry. Always on Saturday the artistic Native scene will be staged at the church of San Pietro. It will remain on display and can be visited until Sunday 15th January 2023. Timetables: saturday, sunday and festivities: 15.00-18.30; on Sunday 25th December: 16.30 - 18.30.
- Sunday 18th December at 11.30 Santa Claus arrives at the piazza della Vittoria, accompanied by the village band. At 12.00 Polenta and stew will be served by Pro Loco at the Parco delle Feste in via Curti. At 20.30 at the church of San Pietro the classical music concert “I canti di Natale attraverso i secoli” will be held with songs from the Middle Ages to modern times. The polyphonic group Josquin Despréz will perform.
- From Saturday 26th November to Sunday 8th January fun is guaranteed with the ice rink at the Area Feste of Gorla Maggiore, in Via Sabotino! The timetables are as follows:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 14.30 - 18.30
- Friday and Saturday: 14.30 -18.30 / 20.30 - 22.30
- Sunday: 10.00 -12.30 / 14.30 - 18.30.
GORNATE OLONA - TORBA MONASTERY
- For the most magical period of the year, at the Torba Monastery many initiatives have been organised to make the Christmas anticipation even more beautiful.
JERAGO CON ORAGO
- Sunday 18th December, Christmas concert by the “S. Cecilia" in Jerago at 21.00 at the Teatro Auditorium
LAVENA PONTE TRESA
- On Saturday 26 November the inauguration of the skating rink in Piazza Sangiorgio and the switching on of the lights, while on Sunday 11 December the Christmas market is scheduled in the streets of the centre. Countdown to the start of the Christmas events in Lavena Ponte Tresa: Saturday 26 November the inauguration of the skating rink in Piazza Sangiorgio. At 17.15 Marta Monico and Letizia Ceniccola will open the rink with a figure skating exhibition.
- Saturday 17th December double Christmas date! At 17.30 exchange of Christmas greetings in the Piazza San Giorgio, moment of celebration and meeting with musical entertainment. At 20.30 at the church of Santissimo Crocifisso a Christmas Concert will be held. Free entry. Panettone and mulled wine will be served at the end of the concert!
Laveno prepares for the arrival of Christmas. Scheduled for Saturday 26 November, the laying of the traditional submerged Nativity scene (visible until Saturday 14 January) which during the holiday season will be accompanied by many side events:
- Saturday 3rd December at 10.00 the exhibition“Arte in cassetta” will be inaugurated with Associazione “Il sorriso” at the Municipal Library. At 11.00 inclusive workshop "Tanti auguri a me" with art-collage. The exhibition will be opened until saturday 10th december. During the same day a creative workshop will be organized at the MIDeC museum of Cerro di Laveno from ore 9.45 to 11.45. Here you can realized ceramic Christmas decoration
- Sunday 4th December, at 3.00 pm karaoke.
- Thursday 8th December, during the day, the "City of Bergamo Bell Ringers Group" offers a traveling concert of bells through the streets of the town and in the square in front of the crib.
- Saturday 10th December at the MIDeC museum of Cerro di Laveno will be a day dedicated to creativity with workshops for making Christmas decorations: the workshop of Laboratorio di ceramic Christmas decorations will be at 9.45 to 11.45 . At 21.00 unmissable appointment with the Concert Gruppo Polifonico of the Choir of Santa Maria del Monte of Varese, held at the Chiesa Vecchia.
- Sunday 11th December Christmas entertainment for the little ones at oratorio of Mombello from 14.30 to 16.30. At 15.00, performance by the "Piva Rock Band" musical group with their repertoire of Christmas music revisited in a rock key
- Friday 16th December at 21.00 Gospel Concert Compagnia of Gru "Happy Christmas" with Associazione Mombello Viva. The concert will be held at Chiesa dell’Invenzione di S. Stefano Mombello
- Saturday 17th December, at 17:00, in the Old Church, the Christmas Concert will take place with the "Piccoli Cori Valcuvia" conducted by Margherita Gianola.
- Sunday 18th December, from 3.00 pm, Santa Claus is waiting for adults and children in his home and in the streets of the town, in the company of his elves and the very nice "Stilt walkers" in the Clouds.
- Monday 19th December from 21.00, Sacred Christmas Concert with 3 choirs of Laveno Mombello, in Chiesa del Ponte S. Maria Ausiliatrice di Ponte of Laveno
- Thursday 22nd December, at 21.15 at Palestra del Liceo Sereni of Laveno, will be held the traditional Christmas Concert with the Filarmonica Giuseppe Verdi of Laveno Mombello
- Saturday 24th December the traditional pose of the Infant Jesus accompanied in procession comes to life at the end of the Holy Mass at 21.00. During the day, Santa Claus aboard his sleigh travels through the streets of the town together with his helpers for very special Christmas wishes
- In the Afternoon of Monday 26th December Amici del Presepe will animate this day with music, vin brulè and hot chocolate
- For the Epiphany, Friday 6 January, the FilarmoNica “G. Verdi" by Laveno Mombello will be the soundtrack for the afternoon, waiting for 18.00 for the Great Bonfire of the Epiphany in the waters of the lake.
LUINO AND FRACTIONS
A rich Christmas programme will animate the streets of Luino:
- On Saturday 3rd December at 15.00 the lighting of Christmas tree will be held in Colmegna, with a lot of ientertainment to celebrate this magical moment together.
- On Sunday 4th December there will be the ceremony of lighting of the Christmas tree in piazza Piave of Voldomino Superiore from 14.30. Moment accompanied by Christmas carols, snacks and the show "A Magic Christmas Tree".
- Thursday 8th December at 15.00, at the Parco Ferrini of Luino you can go on a discovery tour of the magical Santa Claus House. A show entitled "The Magic of Christmas" will follow.
- On Saturday 10th December, at 15.00, the Santa Claus House at the Parco Ferrini will host some magical friends. With them, thanks to the CRI Luino's "Elvish children's make-up workshop", there will be an opportunity to create magical and fun decorations.
- On Sunday 11th December at 15.00 Christmas Concert "Sing Christmas with us” at the Parco Ferrini with teachers and students of Accademia musicale Bertani of Luino. For this occasion will be present make-up children with CRI Luino. Also at 15.00 ,at the Motte kindergarten play area, “A fabulous Christmas” with linauguration of the Christmas tree decorated by the kindergarten children of Motte. For this moment hot chocolate, vin brulè, christmas tales and make-up children with CRI Luino. at 16.30 in piazza Garibaldi in Luino the Christmas Concert “Christmas Enchantment” will be held by amici di Lilly Gregori Vocal Studio.
- On Friday 16th December in the Santa Claus House at the Parco Ferrini “How I recycle Christmas", a creative recycling workshop. The event will be at 15.00 with friends of Banca del Tempo.
- On Saturday 17th December at 10.00 "The tree of associations" will be staged at the Municipal Library of Luino for the Christmas tree inauguration and exchanging good wishes. At 14.30 "Let's visit the crib together in the forest": CAI Luino organises a trip to discover the nativity scene in the forest of the Belvedere in Bonga. Starting from Poppino. At 15.00 at the Parco Ferrini another musical appointment with “Christmas Enchantment” with Accademia musicale Pietro Bertani. Tanto intrattenimento anche per i più piccoli con un concerto dei piccoli musicisti, fiabe musicali, trucca bimbi della CRI Luino e le storie di “nonni raccontateci il vostro Natale da piccini”. From 15.00 Itinerant Band “Christmas Time”. In conclusion of this day at 17.00 “What Christmas would be without the crib of the Alpini?”: inauguration and benediction of the 37th crib of the Alpini and music by Luino Choir.
- On Sunday 18th December at 14.30 “Party in the oratorio and Santa Claus Run” at the Oratorio San Luigi of Luino. At 15.00 a magical moment in Parco Ferrini with “Workshop of Harry Potter” where you can create your own customised wand, just like the one from the famous wizard.
- On Friday 23rd December at 14.30 the event of “The Friendship Tree” will be organized in piazza A. Moro in Voldomino Inferiore. A moment full of activities and entertainment.
Saturday 24th December, to make the wait for Christmas even more magical,at 15.00 “Art, magic and fire”, a special street art show at the Parco Ferrini. At 16.30, the Baby Jesus emerges from the waters of the Porto Vecchio of Luino, carried by the Alto Verbano rescue divers, a moment accompanied by music with the pipers from Arconato. Followed by hot chocolate, mulled wine and panettone for all. At 20.00, at the Oratorio San Luigi of Luino solidarity dinner will be organized to live together on Christmas Eve in collaboration with Caritas, the San Vincenzo de Paoli Association and the Banca del Tempo.
- On Friday 6th January the befana arrives! At 14:30 at the Luino railway station “The steam befana”: the old lady on a real steam train will meet the children and give them many magical surprises. For this occasion a magical show will be realized by Avis Luino and Verbano Express Association.
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
- The first event in the rich Christmas programme promoted by the Municipality of Malnate, the Parish and Distretto Urbano del Commercio will be on Thursday 8th December from 16.30 with "Children illuminate Christmas". A walk starting from various points in town will lead to Piazza Tessitrici at 17.15, where the Christmas tree will be lit and tasty hot chocolate will be offered. There will then be the arrival of Santa Claus, the perfect time to write your letters. Event organised with the participation of the Alpini, Solidarietà, Pro Loco and the town's philharmonic corps.
- On Friday 9th December at 16.00, the "Christmas Night'" show for all families will be staged in the middle school auditorium with a snack. Event organised by the municipal administration.
- On Saturday 17th December at 15.30 in the Council Chamber, a time dedicated to children aged 4 to 8 years with "fairy tales at snack time" with a fairy tale, theatre workshop and final snack. Event organised by the Distretto Urbano del Commercio. For an enchanting evening, from 20.30 at the Palazzetto in via Gasparotto, the traditional Christmas concert by the Corpo Filarmonico Cittadino.
- OnThursday 22nd December at 16.30 read aloud for children with a Christmas workshop organised by Nati per Leggere. The event will take place at the "Mario Realini"museum.
- Sunday 18th December in Marnate a day of celebration for Christmas is scheduled from 8:00 to 18:00, including markets, music, toasts and the Santa Claus race.
- On Saturday 17th December Santa Claus comes to Mornago! From 14.00 to 19.00 it will possibile to meet him at the Cascina Bosco Grosso, at the civico 41, in Macchi Cicli. For this event, many activities are planned such as child make-up, workshops and pony ride, with the special collaboration of Cascina Spazzacamino. From 14.00 to 16.00 you can take professional photos with Erny foto and from 15.00 to 17.00 Christmas snacks for all, prepared by Rifugio della Valle.
- On December 18th, a day entirely dedicated to children is scheduled, starting from the Azzio party park and arriving in Piazza XI February, in Orino with a chocolate and mulled wine magic show.
- On Thursday 8th December at 15:00, from Piazza Sant'Ambrogio in Porto Ceresio, "Santa Running" will be staged, organized by Italia Runners Sporting Club. A moment of fun with a noble purpose: research against pediatric tumors through the Foundation Umberto Veronesi. Three kilometers to go at a free pace, strictly dressed as Santa Claus. For children up to 11 years of age registered in Running, the registration fee includes the Santa Claus hat, the race bag, the race bib, insurance and medical assistance. At the time of registration it is also possible to choose to receive the bottle of the Umberto Veronesi Foundation (at the price of 10 €).
- Thursday 8th, Friday 9th and Saturday 10th December, from 11.00 to 22.00, the Winter Edition of "Rolling Truck Street Food" will be organised in conjunction with "Santa Running". Three days to enjoy a careful selection of street food with seasonal and typical winter dishes. Free admission.
- Sunday 18th December at 4.30 pm in Sala Luraschi the 16th edition of the Nativity scene exhibition opens and the walk opens with many nativity scenes to discover in the streets of the village
- Sunday 18th December from 10.00 the GODiving diving group will place the traditional Submerged Nativity scene, even larger and with renewed statues, in Lake Lugano. The Nativity scene will be admired from visitors unitl Sunday 8th January 2023 on the hanging lakefront.
- Friday 6th January 2023 the Epiphany arriving at the Piazza Sant'Ambrogio, to the delight of young and old! At 14.30 do not miss the meeting with Befana who will be donating the traditional stocking for the occasion to all children who visit!A day accompanied by the cheerful notes of Cavagnano's "I Ligeria" band.
- More than 100 selected exhibitors, music, art workshops, Santa's village, Christmas train...These are just some of the fantastic surprises awaiting you at the "Auguri in Piazza" event in Porto Valtravaglia. On Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December from 9:30 to 18:30, at Piazza Imbarcadero in the small village of Porto Valtravaglia, a new edition of the most Christmassy event ever, which will end with a fireworks display! It will also be possible to taste delicious polenta with various gravies and the Brescian "spiedino" prepared by several local associations.
- On Sunday 4th December at 10.00 , the "Father Christmas Race", an initiative organised by the Amici del Monte Orsa association, will start from in Piazza della Posta. Participants are invited to wear a Father Christmas costume or at least an accessory reminiscent of the lovable protagonist of winter festivities. For the little ones, throughout the day, there will be the opportunity to post their letters with the desired gifts in Santa's mailbox, and at 14.30, at Palazzo Marinoni, there will be the theatrical performance "The first living nativity scene" with Andrea Gosetti of the Intrecci teatrali company and the accompaniment of the Filarmonica Saltriese. At 17.00, the magical moment of switching on the Christmas lights in Piazza della Posta. These and other fantastic surprises by the Saltrio municipal administration!
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
- Friday 16th December, Christmas concert by the Samaratese Philharmonic at 21.00 at the Chiesa S.S. Trinità di Samarate with the participation of fourth and fifth grade students of primary school "A. Manzoni" who will sing some Christmas songs.
Puppet shows in the districts of the city, itinerant exhibitions through the historic center with street artists and stilt walkers, the decoration of the facade of Villa Gianetti with LED lights and the ever-present Christmas tree in Piazza Libertà. Below is the program of initiatives promoted by the municipal administration of Saronno for Christmas 2022.
- Saturday 3 December at 3:00 pm from the parish theater in the Regina Pacis district, we start with the show "Ancient Christmas tale" from the Teatro dei Puppets in Como. The show will be staged again in the other four districts of the city: Thursday 8 December in the Sala Nevera for the Sanctuary district, Saturday 10 December in the social center for the Cassina Ferrara area, Sunday 11 December at the X4 building for the Matteotti district and finally Sunday 18 December at the Performing Arts Village headquarters for the Prealps district.
- Sunday 4 December from 16:30 to 18:00 itinerant street theater show: five artists accompanied by background music will create sets of living paintings, to enhance the alleys and squares of the city and transport the public into a Christmas atmosphere.
- Sunday 11 December, from 15:30 to 18:00 animation show which will see the presence of Santa Claus, accompanied by reindeer and elves, who will distribute candies and sweets to the children present.
- Saturday 17 December from 16:00 to 18:00, last appointment with the traveling shows, with the presence of four stilt walkers who will perform in a traveling parade, accompanied by background music. Finally, at 4:30 in piazza liberty the municipal administration's best wishes, with hot chocolate and panettone for everyone, offered by the Pro Loco of Saronno.
- Once again this year, Mr Bacchi Luciano from Sesona prepared his illuminated nativity scene. Over sixty square metres of installation with over 190 wooden templates painted with special paints that glow at night under the light of UV lamps. Countless characters, starting with the 24 angels watching over the Nativity. With each edition, new subjects are added, enriching the scenery and making it truly evocative and enveloping for the visitor. The inauguration will take place on Saturday 26th November 2022 in Via Brolo 2/a in Sesona of Vergiate. The crib will be open daily from 17:15 to 19:30 (Tuesdays excepted) until Thursday 8 January 2023.
- On Saturday 26th November, starting at 16.30, the traditional ceremony of lighting the Christmas tree, which has dominated the Sesto Calende skyline for some years now, will take place on the Skyline of Sesto Calende. To make the atmosphere even more magical, there will be the ever-present Christmas stalls.
- On Saturday 3rd December at 21.00, at the Church of Rione Mulini, in Viale Ticino, a musical appointment with the traditional Christmas Gospel. For the 2023 edition will perform the Compagnia della Gru. At the end of the concert, spectators can enjoy a delicious vin brulè offered by the Associazione Mulini.
SOLBIATE CON CAGNO (MALNATE)
- Sunday 8th January from 15.00 appointment for young and old with the Gev of Parco del Lanza, at the cascina Mulino del Trotto, to celebrate Epiphany together. At 15.00 visiting of photo exhibition of the “Obiettivo parco del Lanza 2022“ art competition. Afterwards, a first walk will start for a visit to the animal crib and from 16.30 a delicious break will be served at the cascina Mulino del Trotto. From 17.00 a beautiful torchlight walk to the floating crib set up by the park's ecological guards.
- On Monday 19th December at 21.00 the Music Corps of the city will hold the traditional Gala Concert at the Villa Truffini.
- Saturday 3 December from 17:00, all invited to the great lighting event in Piazza Matteotti full of music, lights and many beautiful surprises. Meeting in Piazza II June.
- Sunday 4 December from 11:00 the Christmas markets in Piazza Matteotti will color the day with magic.
- On Sunday 18th December, the event "Harry Christmas and the magic of Christmas" will take place from 10 to 18 with food markets. and a small train that will leave from platform 9 and 3/4
In Venegono Superiore Christmas preparations begin with important dates:
- On Friday 2nd December at 20.45 a beautiful Christmas Concert will be held by Compagnia della Gru Choir in the parish church of St George. The Choir the choir will perform Traditional Christmas carols and pop in gospel key.Admission free while places last.
- On Friday 9th December at 16.30 in the library the animated reading for children "Christmas between the pages" will be organized. This event is for children 6-10 years old. free and limitated participation. For more information and reservation: email@example.com.
- On Sunday 18th December at 21.00 at the municipal gymnasium another musical appointment with the Christmas Concert by Corpo musicale di Venegono Superiore. Access to the event free of charge.
From Sunday 25th Decembre 2022 to Sunday 8th January 2023, at the centre of “La Benedetta” of via Menotti 8, the traditional living nativity scene will be staged, With the following dates:
Sunday 25th Decembre: 16.30; 17.00
Monday 26th Decembre: from 14.30 to 17.30
Tuesday 27th and Monday 30th Decembre: 14.30; 15.15; 16.00;16.45
Sunday 1st January: from 14.30 to 17.30
Monday 2nd e Thursday 5th January: 14.30; 15.15;16.00; 16.45
Friday 6th January: from 14.30 alle ore 17.30
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th January: from 14.30 to 16.30.
- On Thursday 8th December from 14.00 the event "Waiting for Christmas" will be organised in Piazza Baj for an afternoon full of surprises and fun! Santa's mailbox will be present to send all children's letters. At 16.00 a Christmas snack for everyone! In case of bad weather, the event will be postponed on Sunday 11th December.
- From Sunday 4th December 2022 until Sunday 8th January 2023, among the numerous appointments of the programme "A unique Christmas", "Viggiù on ice" returns with the ice rink in the park of Villa Borromeo. The rink in the morning will be available to schools for skating lessons while in the afternoon and evening it will be open for the enjoyment of children and adults, enriched with many novelties: theme evenings, shows, music and snacks.
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
Discover all Christmas Events in Varese here!
Discover the Christmas markets in Varese and its province!