The Hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso
Clinging to a sheer rock overhanging one of the deepest parts of Lake Maggiore, the hermitage is a monastery made up of three buildings dating back to the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. It offers a wonderful blend of art and history set against one of the most charming natural canvases on Lake Maggiore, in which the rock appears to almost form a balcony leaning out towards the Borromean Islands. The hermitage can be easily accessed via a short walk from the lake or a picturesque staircase with 268 steps from a large square above, and a lift has recently been installed.
ADDRESS: via Santa Caterina, 13 - Leggiuno
LOW SEASON - from 10 January 2022:
- Monday to Friday: from 1.30 pm to 6.00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and midweek holidays: from 9:30 to 19.30
HIGH SEASON - from March 16 to October 14 and from December 16 to January 6:
- Every day: 9.30am - 7.30pm
The Holy Mass will be celebrated at 5.00 pm preceded by the rosary. Access to the Church suspended during religious services.
- Full ticket: € 5
- Reduced ticket: € 3,00 reserved for:
- Reduced ticket: € 4,00 reserved for:
- Free ticket: children under 18, tour guides, residents of Leggiuno
Possibility to rent audio guide on site: € 3
Discover our TOURS.
Plan your stay and your experience in the land of the lakes.