Breathtaking panorama, unforgettable sunsets, beautiful colors: Lago Maggiore is a trasure that you can not miss. If you have just 24 hours to explore Varese and the province and if you love nature and its beauties, use them to uncover the lombardy coast of the lake.
- Start from the nord, from Laveno, a colorfull village on the lake and then take the main road to go south (SP69): you'll meet a lot of tiny and unique villages on your way. When you will be inspired enough, make a stop, park the car and take a walk in the narrow streets. Then drive till Leggiuno and the Hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso, an old hermitage litterally part of the rocks that surround the lake. Discover more about the unique village and its secrets, find out all the incredible experience.
- To admire the rock wall that plunges into the Maggiore from a unique perspective, we suggest you book a cruise, starting from Laveno, will allow you to observe this unique natural spectacle, directly from the lake. The tour will continue to the Borromeo Gulf, where you will surely fall in love with the super flowered Isola Bella.
@sirdiegosama and @michela_dossi
- Driving south, you'll pass by a lot of places by the lake that deserve a quick stop: Arolo and its pier, Ispra and Ranco: here the shore is quiet and silent and it's a perfect place for an aperitivo with Prealps in the background.
@manenti_francesco and @saradeluigi
- The following hamlet is called Angera, ranked among the most beautiful italian hamlets: visit the village centre for a walk and then go up on the hill to the Borromeo Castle, a medieval castle from where you can enjoy an amazing panorama.
- The magic that the village offers is unique and the same goes for the naturalistic landscapes that frame it: lush woods and vineyards in the hills overlooking the lake, all to be discovered in a hiking trail with an expert guide.
@tommybrv and @georgelucky1973
Although the town of Angera is rather small in size, there are many activities you can dedicate to, here: from browsing through the works of the museum spread, to walking in the shade of lime trees on the lake. The atmosphere here is relaxed and quiet, perfect to spend a weekend away from the city, devoting himself to the discovery of every corner of the village and its traditions, through a dedicated tour.
- Before concluding the route in the village of Sesto Calende, we recommend a bike ride through the views of the Ticino Park. You can visit some of the most evocative points of the park, such as the beach frequented by gold diggers , in total safety and accompanied by expert guides who will tell you the story of this magnificent green oasis. Finally after so much effort, treat yourself to a dinner based on the famous Raviolo. The DOC recipe wants lake perch and crayfish as the main ingredients, which reflect a territorial characteristic of the country, where the lake and the river Ticino meet.
Where to stay: Relais Villa Porta
What to do: a guided tour of the village of Angera, a boat tour to discover Lake Maggiore
Do you want to be accompanied on this tour? Request a licensed tour guide. Contact us!
Plan your stay and your experience in the land of the lakes.