- Sunday 5th December: Christmas lights up in Albizzate with markets and a train
Throughout the day, from 10.00 to 6.00 pm, in Piazza IV Novembre will be set up the Christmas markets enriched by the food stand and the presence of the Santa Claus house for the collection of letters for the little ones. During the day there will be an itinerant train rented by the Pro Loco that will tour the streets of the town. The climax on Sunday will be at 5.00 pm with the lighting of the lights.
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
- Saturday 4 December at 9 pm at the Cine Teatro San Giorgio Christmas gala concert by the Valceresio Musical Corps. For the evening - which takes place under the patronage of the Municipality of Bisuschio - reservations are not necessary; admission will be possible subject to availability. Obligation to have a green pass.
- On Friday 26 November, starting at 5.15 pm, Christmas will light up with the lighting and lights in the historic center. The ice rink is planned in Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II and the Ferris wheel in Piazza San Giovanni. Thanks to a qr code, it will be possible to find and listen to Christmas stories in podcasts around the streets of the center.
- On Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 December the magic of Christmas arrives in Piazza San Giovanni Bosco.
During the two days there will be Christmas markets with Santa Claus village, the lighting of the tree, the food stand and lots of fun. On Tuesday 7 at 19 the Piva Rock Band will perform in concert, while on Wednesday it will be possible to visit the market, open all day; the appointment is at 5.45 pm with the lighting of the tree.
- Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th December 18th edition of "Natale a Casbeno" stalls, gastronomy and musical performances will enliven the streets of the Varese district.
- From Wednesday 8 December to Thursday 6 January 2022 at the Centro Diurno Elziani "Mazzucchelli" in Via IV Novembre there will be an exhibition of cribs.
- On the occasion of the Christmas period, the Municipality of Castiglione Olona and the Centro Diurno Elziani "Mazzucchelli"in collaboration with the Parish of Castiglione Olona, I.C. Cardinal Branda Castiglioni, Pro Loco Castiglione Olona and the Masolino da Panicale Cultural Association organize the 2021 edition of the Nativity Scene Competition, aimed at all those who want to try their hand at creating an artifact that represents the tradition of the nativity scene interpreted through an art form of their choice . The 5 works that will obtain the greatest consensus from the visitors of the exhibition will be awarded. Registration for the competition is free and the documents together with the participation form must be delivered to the Centro Diurno Elziani "Mazzucchelli" no later than Friday 3 December 2021. Regulations and participation request form on: www.comune.castiglione-olona.va.it. For information: phone: +39 0331 858301 (Culture Office)
- Saturday 27 November the Christmas tree will be lit in Piazza Libertà
When it is switched on, the music will also be the protagonist. In the square there is also an ice rink, which will be unpublished: it is in fact set up right around the Christmas tree.
Christmas in Laveno Mombello will be ful of events:
- throughout the Christmas period it will be possible to admire the submerged nativity scene, now in its 42nd edition
- from 4 December 2021 to 9 January 2022: Christmas lights at the Gaggetto park will turn into a magical Christmas village with over 500 thousand lights: lit every day until Sunday 9 January 2022 (except for two days of closure scheduled for 24 and December 31st), from Sunday to Thursday from 17:30 to 23:00, while on Friday and Saturday until 24:00.
- there will be a large ice rink a few steps from the Christmas lights; the attraction is perfect for the whole family and will give emotions throughout the winter, from November 20 to the end of January: from Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 19 : 00, Friday from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 23:00, Saturday from 10:00 to 23:00 (all day) and Sunday from 10:00 to 21:00 (open all day).
Admission is by reservation only with the obligation to wear a mask while staying inside the village; entry allowed ONLY to Green Pass holders, children under 12 exempt from controls. Tickets can be purchased online immediately on the website www.lucinedinatale.it, by selecting the day and the preferred time slot.
LAVENA PONTE TRESA:
Saturday 27 November, Lavena Ponte Tresa enters the Christmas spirit and lights up the Holidays on the Ceresio. The ice rink will be inaugurated and the lights will be turned on, both in Lavena and Ponte Tresa.
- Starting from Saturday 4th December, for the whole Christmas period, the hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso will host a very special nativity scene "Birth of a mountain landscape". The hermitage and the mountain village remain open throughout the Christmas period, including holidays, from Monday to Sunday according to the following opening hours: from 5 to 15 December: from Monday to Friday from 13.30 to 18.00, on Saturdays, Sundays and December 8th from 9.30 to 19.30 (last admission at 19.00). From 16 December to 6 January: every day from 9.30 to 19.30 (last admission at 19.00)
- The municipal administration and Confcommercio Ascom of Luino began the installation of the lights and luminous decorations; 145 rows of lights will be installed in the city streets, a stylized tree in the lawn in front of the town hall, the lighting of the trees along the lakefront (viale Dante and Parco a lago), a large Santa Claus with two reindeer near the monument to Garibaldi, the lighting of eight plane trees in Piazza Garibaldi (the area on the side of via XV Agosto, near the intersection with via Veneto) and there will be the projection of Christmas fantasies on the facade of the town hall and of Palazzo Verbania. The month will be full of initiatives. Sunday 12 and 19 December Luino will be animated by events for adults and children organized by some traders.
- The lighting of the tree will be held on Wednesday 8 December in Piazza Libertà. There will be light installations in Piazza Libertà, Piazza San Francesco and Piazza Santuario, which will illuminate the central areas of Saronno and a suspended nativity scene, which will immerse citizens in the iconography linked to the Sanctuary
- From Saturday 13 November, the day of the inauguration, the illuminated nativity scene is back
In Sesona (Vergiate) the bright nativity scene by Luciano Bacchi shines again. Dozens and dozens of wooden silhouettes painted with special varnishes, which reveal their colors only at night under the light of seven special UV lamps. In total, the crib is made up of over 190 wooden shapes, all made and painted by hand, spread over an area of over 60 square meters. At the edge of the mezzanine you will find 50 bright candles made from cut out and painted plastic bottles.
Are you looking for an original idea? Give an experience on our territory!
- Friday 26 November, the lighting of the tree and lights will be held, we are preparing to inaugurate Christmas with lights, Christmas scenographies and moments dedicated to the little ones Many news are scheduled and traditional events will also return, such as the launch of children's letters, the Santa Claus arriving from the river and the large illuminated tree on the banks of the Ticino.
- Sunday 12 December: Christmas with us
The 'Friends of the decorations' will embellish the Mezzana and Lazzaretto neighborhoods. In Piazza Santo Stefano and in Viale Madonna della Ghianda, markets, lights, face painting, chocolate, chestnuts and many other surprises will be present throughout the day! For the little ones there will be the arrival of Santa Claus with some little thoughts. and for the occasion there will also be the musical body 'The town'.
- Sunday 12 December: Christmas Village
In Sumirago, from 10 am, in San Lorenzo 21 street - seat of the town hall, the Christmas markets will be held with food stands and entertainment for children. Access by Green Pass control.
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 December: Santa Running, the Christmas race in Tradate-Varese
An extraordinary edition for the 11th year of Santa Running: walk or run respecting the anti-Covid regulations in force wherever you are dressed as Santa Claus and support the research of the Umberto Veronesi Foundation. You can participate independently, but you will not be alone, because thanks to your Santa Kit you can share "your" Santa Running on social networks with the hashtag #babborunningforkids and tagging @babborunning.
- Saturday 4 December will begin with the lighting of the lights, the inauguration of the house of Santa Claus and the gospel choir. Sunday 5 will continue with "Christmas in the square": the traditional market of the Proloco with stalls set up by hobbyists and associations of the country.
On Monday 6 December from 4.15pm to 5pm in the library and in the oratory, there will be the presentation of "Go ... che reindeer": a game dedicated to children and young people from the third grade to the eighth grade. From 6 to 24 December, every week, two silhouettes decorated in the shape of a reindeer will be hidden in some historic buildings in the country. It will be up to the children to find them. The winners will receive a prize, and everyone who participates each week will receive a nice gift.
- Viggiù on ice" is the title of the event organized by the Municipality that will begin on December 5th and end on January 9th: a rich series of events for families and visitors.
A dream Christmas in Viggiù with the ice rink, the lights and the markets. The inauguration of the skating rink will take place on December 5th at 3.00 pm, accompanied by an opening show by the Asd "Ice Club" which will organize all the events related to the structure. At 6.45 pm, in Baraggia, there will be the lighting of the lights with bonfires and mulled wine for everyone.
December 12 will be the turn of the Christmas markets in the streets of the historic center with the presence of hobbyists, associations and food; on 11 December the contemporary exhibition "Real Art" will be inaugurated. On 13 December there will be the stands of the blessed breads of Santa Lucia; December 24, Eve in Piazza Albinola with mulled wine for everyone. There are also itinerant shows and the torchlight procession with children's songs, in addition to the arrival of Santa Claus.
On December 31st a frozen New Year is expected on the skating rink and on January 6th the arrival of the Befana. Grand finale on January 9th with the closing show on the skating rink.
The mask must be worn outdoors in all situations where interpersonal distancing cannot be guaranteed or where gatherings or crowds are possible.
Access to festivals and fairs, including local ones, is only allowed to subjects with a Covid-19 green certification. The obligation to possess a Covid-19 green certification to access the shows open to the public refers to places that allow, due to their conformation, to limit the entry of spectators (theatrical halls, concert halls, cinemas, entertainment venues and live music and other venues or spaces, even outdoors). The obligation to possess a Covid-19 green certification does not apply, however, in the event that the events take place in outdoor places without specific and unique access gates, such as in public squares, streets or parks, which can also be accessed by individuals for purposes other than to attend the event which is therefore not intended for a predefined audience and contained in spaces exclusively dedicated to the event itself.
SOURCE SPECIFIC GOVERNMENT FAQ.
Discover all the Christmas Events in Varese here!
Discover the Christmas markets in Varese and its province!