Museo Baroffio e del Santuario del Sacro Monte sopra Varese
Dedicated to the ones interested in the history of Santa Maria del Monte, it includes and shows romanesque sculptures, precious miniatures, a collection of important paintings of Giuseppe Baroffio Dall’Aglio and a section of sacred art from the 20th century.
You'll find 20th century bright rooms but also hidden old rooms situated under the Sanctuary, with remains of fifteenth-century frescos. The museum includes also a beautiful terrace with one of the most beautiful views in Lombardia.
The Madonna con il Bambino by Domenico and Lanfranco from Ligurno is the symbol painting of the museum.
ADDRESS: Piazzetta del Monastero - Varese
- from March to November from Wednesday to Friday: 2.00 pm - 6.00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and holiday: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Full ticket: € 5
- Pass ticket Casa Museo Lodovico Pogliaghi, Museo Baroffio del Santuario + Cripta del Santuario (validità 6 mesi): € 12
- Reduced ticket (under 18 e over 65, people over 10 people, students, soci Touring Club Italiano, Welcome Card Federalberghi Varese, BiblioArts - Sistema Bibliotecario Valli dei Mulini, AMEI): € 3
- Family ticket (2 adults + 2 o over children): € 12
- Pass family ticket Casa Museo Pogliaghi, Museo Baroffio + Cripta del Santuario (validità 6 mesi): € 36
- Free ticket: children 0 - 4 yo, disabled, touristic guides, card Abbonamento Musei Lombardia Milano
Dog of small size allowed if hold in arms, in compliance with the hygiene and public safety rules*
*Information by the Museum. For any other question please check the guidelines of the Museum
Discover our TOURS.
Plan your stay and your experience in the land of the lakes.
Cover photo: museobaroffio